Emily Holt – Our Friend of the Week
Emily’s What – “The Golden State Warriors.”
- Where do you live? Outer Richmond/Ocean Beach (San Francisco)
- Nickname(s) Holtie
- How do you spend your days? My mornings are spent working as creative-director-in-residence for Fab.com—so emailing with the team in New York, brainstorming and pursuing exciting collaborations for the site, working on improving the aesthetic and messaging. Afternoons I focus on my own business, Hero Shop, a highly-curated fashion/lifestyle store I’m opening in SF. There are a lot of in-person meetings with Hero Shop investors, potential Hero Shop investors, potential and current Hero Shop collaborators and people I’m just curious about and have asked to meet with.
- What’s your drink? An Americano at Jane on Larkin
- What do you wonder about? The lives of the whales I sometimes see off my balcony, if I’m really needing to mentally escape
- What is the most inspiring thing you’ve seen, watched, or read recently? The Warriors are pretty damn inspiring—their teamwork, their upbeat and lighthearted attitude, their drive to get better and their confidence. I don’t know, I think there’s a lot to learn there.
- If you could wake up with any superpower, what would it be? To fly.
- What qualities do your favorite people have in common? They’re usually doers who don’t make a lot of fuss, are honest, supportive of others, understand what’s important and have California drought-level dry senses of humor.
- What’s the most awkward accidental text or email you’ve ever sent or received? Nothing scandalous, just a planning text that was meant for a friend I was going to visit in Portland but went to a friend in SF by mistake. I was copied on an awkward accidental email once, but since it wasn’t mine, I can’t share. But we still talk about it.
- What would you like to cross off next on your bucket list? Opening Hero Shop! Then writing a new bucket list.
- How are you friends with Gina and/or Amy? I met Gina when she was working on Splendora and I was an editor at WWD in New York. She came to our offices for a deskside. That was probably 10 years ago. We reconnected when I moved back to SF in 2014.