Kara Goldin – Our Friend of the Week
Kara’s What —“ThisiswhyImbroke.com. Love this site for all of its silly, often practical and funny things to buy that you mostly don’t need. Makes me laugh!”
FRIEND OF THE WEEK: 11 QUESTIONS
- Where do you live? Marin County
- Nickname(s) None
- How do you spend your days? I’m an early riser! I love waking up to the sounds of the morning. I’m out most mornings by 5:30 with my husband and my dogs and usually before my kids wake. I’m working hard on a campaign that really pushes consumers to ask “what’s inside?” It’s incredibly important for consumers to realize that what’s inside their drinks as well as their food and other products really counts!
- What’s your drink? hint® of course!
- What do you wonder about? I think about how to help people live a healthier life in an easier way.
- What is the most inspiring thing you’ve seen, watched, or read recently? Originals by Adam Grant
- If you could wake up with any superpower, what would it be? The ability to heal people. Life is so precious and the ability to heal people would be awesome.
- What qualities do your favorite people have in common? They are kind, smart and have integrity. Oh, and they are funny and fun to be around.
- If you could have any one in the world as a dinner guest, who would it be? RBG (Ruth Bader Ginsburg). I had an opportunity to meet her recently but wished that it was for a longer time. She has been the biggest advocate and often the deciding vote for so many women’s issues of the past 40 years. I would love to spend a week with her!
- What would you like to cross off next on your bucket list? I’m seriously afraid of heights. Every year I like to challenge this fear. I would love to cross off Machu Picchu this year.
- How are you friends with Gina and/or Amy? I met Gina years ago when she was starting a company called Splendora. She asked me to take a look at what they were doing. Her smart “get it done attitude” differentiated her in a sea of other silicon valley leaders. Her creativity is bar none.