Where We Shop Online
When it comes to shopping, we do most of it online and are often disappointed by our purchases. As curators of The What List, we try to keep the list unisex and have therefore avoided fashion–especially what we’re buying and wearing. But after running into a friend this weekend who lamented that she has no idea where to shop and could use some inspiration on what to buy, we decided to open up our closet and let you see what’s been working for us.
Many of the places we shop are spendy and not exactly budget shopping but this is due to the fact that we’re not constant shoppers. In fact, as friends and business partners for almost twenty years, we have almost never shopped for clothes together. In the past, we frequented mass clothing retailers like H&M and Forever 21 but the clothes would usually fall apart before the year was over and frankly we got tired of the constant consumerism. The pieces we buy now are investments that we keep for a minimum of five years, ideally ten, so while we spend more on our average purchase we buy fewer items and keep them longer. If that sounds convincing, read on.
The What Editor’s Shopping Links
- KAREN WALKER – Located in New Zealand, we buy most of our sunglasses from here.
- FWRD by Elyse Walker features a curated selection of top designers including Saint Laurent, Chloe, Valentino, Givenchy, etc.
- REVOLVE carries over 700 hip brands and is where we shop for more trend-focus pieces.
- MATCHES and FARFETCH are where we shop when we want to splurge.
- THE REAL REAL is where we shop when we want to save money.
- MELIEJOE and PUMPKINHEADS are where we buy special outfits for the kids.
- ZIMMERMANN is a modern romantic fashion line out of Australia that we love for their dresses.